Thursday, May 9, 2013

Tonight, I was able to get a ton done on my game, thanks to beginning my new class at DeVry, a cup of coffee, and some good planning. I implemented the previously mentioned unblocking entity, which allows me the change the shape of the levels based on which game type is selected. I also created a switch and activator system, which allows me to begin some very basic puzzle elements in my game. I also added, finally, Mike's special ability, the double jump.

I am publishing a new build, which I am uploading as I write this. I will update this post once it gets done. I have also fleshed out the game's opening level, Earth. The Earth level now consists of 4 small maps and one boss encounter. I left myself plenty of room in the editor, however, to go back and add more maps to the Earth level as I add more game play elements, such as moving platforms, levers, and enemy types.

I'll finish with a couple of screenshots of my switch - activator system in action.



EDIT: Here is a link to the latest version of the game https://docs.google.com/file/d/0BxShUEdw7OSlbzhWNnI0LURqSnM/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment