Sunday, May 5, 2013

Well, today I pulled one over on myself by not working at all on the entities I had told myself I would work on this week, and instead I added a new function to my level editor and game to implement different tile sheets for the game to run off of. Before I had been limited to a single tile sheet, which I had hard coded. Now, users can select which tile map to use for each level that is created. This opens up an easy method for loading in different tile sets without having to change one big one with all the different levels in it.

The loader is flexible and can load up whatever size sets that are input, as long as it can be divided neatly into 48x48 pixel squares.

No comments:

Post a Comment