Friday, June 21, 2013

Well, it is kinda playable

Today, I am distributing a rough playable build. This build includes one playable level (Normal) and half of another (High Winds). I have been working on this game for a class of mine so I have been able to get a lot of work done on it, but with the move to Austin I have been very busy.

In this build I have a completely original art style, except for the sprite used for the main characters. I got this sprite from a Google search and I have reached out to the owner for permission to use it. Here is a link to the animation panel.

http://artofgame.wordpress.com/2009/03/25/project-little-robo-climber-controls-animation-model/

All credit to the animation goes to the creator, @GregPXL

In this build are several new concepts and bug fixes. Mobile platforms now almost work perfectly, with few enough bugs that I'm taking a break on them for now. I have also introduced some new puzzle elements and I have all the level elements fully functional, like high winds, acid rain, and high gravity.



There is still a couple pieces of placeholder art in there, such as the level icons, and the menu system needs an artistic overhaul. However, I am pretty sure I won't be able to get to those by the end of my class, and to be honest I'm not sure I am going to continue this project after that. It has been a ton of fun working on this and I have learned a ton, but I also don't want to get bogged down into a single project for my entire academic career. The more I have to show as my work the better.

Anyway, below is the current build of the game. Like I said before, there is one full level, Normal, and one half level, High Winds. The others are testing areas that don't take you anywhere.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B-PWPsdVYXH6VjhaMFBmZDd2VzQ/edit?usp=sharing

No comments:

Post a Comment