Saturday, June 8, 2013

Pardon the Dust

Sorry for the lack of posts, I have been very busy getting prepared for a move to Austin, Texas. I have been very busy preparing for it, and I haven't had as much time as usual to work on my game.

That being said, this week I am working on overhauling the artwork. I decided to change the game to a much simpler art design, looking at things like old Atari games and Geometry Wars for inspiration. Artwork is something I have pretty much no talent at whatsoever, so it is unlikely that I would ever get far enough doing pixel art in any reasonable amount of time to have for this game, so I opted for something similar.

In addition to new, simpler sprites for everything, I am going to add particle effects to more objects to give everything a better sense of cohesion and action. So far I have completely some of the very basic enemies and projectiles, but I am having a very difficult time with the player characters and bosses. At first, my original thinking was making Tron like entities, but I haven't been able to make anything worthwhile so far, so I may have to look at simpler options.

Below is a screenshot of a testing level, showing what I have done so far with the new art style.


No comments:

Post a Comment